2013-01-22

SLR Magic 35mm T1.4 : less than 300$ for a piece of lens!

Here we go, 

Just received this little lens directly from SLR Magic in HK. It took me only two days to receive it in France after having paid it via PayPal.

First thoughts

-The lens is heavy! Having an F1.4 aperture often means complex design and more weight than F2 or F2.8 ones!

-The lens is big! It's long as the 18-55mm kit lens but less large. I still can put my camera in my pocket but it seems we've reached the mirror less camera size limit!
-The build quality is good, but the 46mm screwing lens cover is not so convenient. Doesn't really matters as the external glass is quite protected.
-It's a 'cine' lens. That's means the aperture ring is smoooooooooth without clicks. Only graduations so you can stop where you want.



I own a Sigma 30mm F2.8 for NEX which is one of my favorite lens but I have to say I'm really excited about having a standard FOV F1.4 lens even if I loose AF function.
Sony E 16mm F2.8 / Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN /  SLR Magic 35mm T1.4








Let's have a look a few pictures now!
Long exposure shot @F5.6
Time to eat @ F2.8


Bokeh

Bokeh Quality is often subjective. As the iris is build of many many blades, it's hard to distinguish a shape in the Bokeh. I let you have your opinion. Moreover, it seems that my lens have a little mark inside that we can see on the Bokeh.



Aperture samples

F1.4
F2
F2.8
F4
F5.6
F8
F16

Image Quality

IQ is still better on Sigma lens but do you really care about corner sharpness when you are shooting a real life scene?

Nice Depth of filed @F1.4


Look at these lights ! It's just amazing, I love it !

Coating

Direct sunlight is not perfect. It would be interesting to have a sun protector while shooting outside with a lot of sun.

Low light

This lens make every low light shot possible @ ISO 3200

Conclusion

350 $USD - the 70$ discount if you buy before February + 32€ custom tax :
Do not hesitate to buy this lens! -> contact@slrmagic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular posts